Hewalenamo’s Youth Ambassadors gives youth in the U.S. the opportunity to be the change they wish to see in the world, by helping children in Ghana. If you are a junior high or high school student living in the United States, our Youth Ambassador program is open to you!
WHO Can be a YOUTH AMBASSADOR?
Any U.S. junior high or high school student is eligible to apply. We are looking for applicants who want to make a difference in the world. If you are motivated, driven and want to use your voice to better the lives of millions of children in Ghana, we’d love to have you on our team! Only 20 Ambassador slots are available for the 2019/2020 school year. Ambassadors serve from September through May and agree to contribute a minimum of 30 service hours over that time period.
WHAT Do YOUTH AMBASSADORS Do?
Youth Ambassadors commit to undertaking a project in at least two of the following three categories during the Ambassador year. Ambassadors can design their own creative projects or select from several pre-existing options.
1. Write an essay or blog about Hewalenamo which may be published on our website.
2. Lead a presentation for your school, sports or youth organization about Hewalenamo and Ghana.
3. Promote online and be a Hewalenamo social media STAR.
4. Coordinate a letter drive that will be sent to students in Ghana.
5. Create English language flashcards for Hewalenamo students.
6. Organize volunteers to make menstrual kits.
7. Plan and organize an awareness and fundraising event in your community.
8. Set a goal and conduct a personal fundraising event.
9. Participate in the Wrapped in Power campaign (each March).
Once a month we meet via video call to brainstorm activities, hold one another accountable and have fun learning from and connecting with other Youth Ambassadors. Guest speakers with expertise in international development, Ghana culture, etc. will add to the learning opportunity.
WHAT Do YOUTH AMBASSADORS Receive?
The satisfaction and joy of helping improve the lives of others!
In addition, Ambassadors:
Develop their leadership skills that will help them in the future & with college applications.
Join a fun community of other amazing young leaders from across the United States. We host regular video calls where Ambassadors connect and share with each other and hear from experts in the field.
Learn more about international development & Ghana.
May receive community service credits from their own school's program.
And so much more!